Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Counting Minions

 This is my second Pixie portrait.  I think it will be called "Counting the Minions".  Pixie was such an odd little cat~ we thought she could do things like talk to aliens and transfer millions of suspicious dollars into Swiss bank accounts.  You could never really tell what she was thinking, and sometimes she just would stare off at something with great intensity.... We decided she had minions all over the world that she was secretly contacting through kitty-telepathy and they were at her bec and call.  Regardless of all the silliness, she was a beautiful little girl.  I pushed the contrast again to correct the position of her nose, and better place the whiskers.  I think one last final round will pull everything back down to the soft greys and whites in her fur and lighten the eyes just enough... This was a nice painting to make.  I think of how sweet she was, and how I never really understood her....

No comments:

Post a Comment